This one-day workshop on 10 June 2016 is aimed at the general gynaecologist looking to extend or improve their laparoscopic skills. Featuring live video link surgery with advanced laparoscopic surgeon Dr Michael Wynn-Williams, the program will cover a range of cases commonly encountered in day-to-day practice, including a step-by-step demonstration of total laparoscopic hysterectomy.
The session will allow for interactive Q&A during the surgery, as well as a pre- and post-operative debrief. There will be the opportunity to practice your skills using a laparoscopic simulator, as well as review the latest energy devices and equipment available.
Topics covered will include:
- Optimising the operative surgical field and equipment set up
- Laparoscopic entry techniques
- Use of different energy sources
- Comprehensive walk through of pelvic anatomy
- Dissection of ureters and uterine arteries
- Straightforward laparoscopic total hysterectomy
Surgery will take place at Southern Cross Hospital, Christchurch. Registration will include refreshments, lunch and evening meal.
For additional information and to book, please contact Dr Janet Whineray at email@example.com.